Sunday, July 1, 2007

Dance Dance!

A dance workshop was prepared by the La Salle dance company for the Art appreciation classes to watch. I’m glad that it was held in William Shaw Theater because I get to have a better view of the performance. The show started off with lectures about different dances around the world. The host/lecturer was very lively and so, listening to his lecture was not taxing at all. Along with his lecture, members of the dance company executed the dances that were being explained. These include the northern cordillera dance, ballet, flamenco and last but not the least, the Indian dance. I must say that the dancers have done a good job in their performance. But of course, one must be above all and I chose the Indian dance. This dance is limited to head and feet movements and so I think its pretty challenging for an amateur to execute. In spite of this challenge, the dancer was able to pull it off. Oh and also, I love the outfit! I think it facilitated the superb performance!

I have to say that I appreciate the dance workshop more than the last week’s workshop. Not because of the performance but for the reason that I can relate most to dance than any other form of art. As everyone knows, art is something that human beings can relate to. Dance is my form of art. I love dancing! But don’t be mislead, I’m not a professional dancer. No not at all! Dancing is my way of expressing my feelings. I dance when I’m happy and same goes when my day is gloomy. Plus, it’s one way for me to bond with my loved ones. When we I go gimik with my friends, dancing is one thing we can’t miss doing!

No comments: