Monday, July 23, 2007

Do you see what I see?

The entire week was devoted to Mona Lisa. At first, it was pretty interesting but then it became tiring. Mona Lisa this and that… Only to find out that there is no single explanation of the real identity of Mona Lisa. Despite of my disappointment, I came to realize that I appreciate it better if Mona Lisa’s mysteriousness won’t be revealed. It’s what keeps it special.

Anyhow, what amazes me is that how we have different interpretation of Mona Lisa despite the fact that we get the same lecture. We were tasked to choose any object that will describe our “re-interpretation of Mona Lisa”. Different groups produced different outputs. It struck me how wild my classmates’ imagination can be! I did not expect that anyone from our class can think of putting Mona Lisa’s face on boxer shorts! Or even to advertise a medicine brand that relieves upset stomach! It’s mind-blowing how they can connect these objects to Mona Lisa and being able to present a valid explanation. This only proves the fact that though we see the same object, we perceive it differently. And these differences in our interpretation may be accounted from our unique personalities that were shaped by diverse environments.

No comments: