Monday, July 30, 2007

Vanity.

As much as I want to deny the fact that women live to be desired, I can’t. I plead myself guilty of this statement. Being a woman is no joke. I want to look good most of the time and this entails a lot of effort. Dressing up, for instance, is one way to make myself feel good. I wear clothes that will compliment my body maybe to impress my boyfriend. Sometimes I wear makeup to emphasize my features. Although they say natural beauty is better, its undeniable that make up helps to emphasize your beauty. Furthermore, to keep me updated on the latest fashion trend, I read women’s magazines like cosmopolitan, mega, vogue etc. These magazines feature women that are close to perfect in terms of physical beauty. The models have everything you wish for like long legs, glowing skin, voluptuous body and more. Sometimes I question myself for reading these kinds of magazines. The more I fantasize about how perfect they are, the more I feel ugly, the more I feel imperfect. But what makes me subscribe to these materials? As of now, my only hypothesis is that I don’t want to lose track of the latest trends or in simply, I don’t want to be out of fashion ( which only shows how I am concern on how I look and how might judge me for my physical aspect) . Certainly, being a woman entails a lot of effort though most of the time we deny it.



No comments: