Sunday, August 26, 2007

I must say that my Art appreciation class was one of the most demanding in terms of the requirements. Every meeting requires a different skill, from evaluating a movie to building a 3D structure of a mall. Obviously, it is NOT one of those floating subjects that you can take for granted. Honestly, I felt anxious at first because I don’t have the skills of an artist. How can I pass an art appreciation class without these skills? Then again, my professor proved me wrong. All the hard work that I did for this subject was paid off. I learned a lot of things, not just about art but practical things that I was not aware of. In our lecture about visual arts, I was enlightened by the fact that up to now, a woman’s life is dependent on how a man sees him. It was clearly seen in magazines, advertisements and other forms of media. The model’s pose is situated to attract or seduce the viewer especially the men. Also, I am very thankful that we had a lecture about Mona Lisa’s mysteriousness. I must admit that prior to the lecture I find Mona Lisa dull and boring to look at. I was naïve of why this painting became so famous. But now, I am bombarded with information. This information made me more confident to intellectually talk about this work of art. I would say that my favorite part of the course was building a 3D structure of a mall. It is in the activity where I was able to showcase all the skills that I learned in this class. I was able to come up with the conceptualization and at the same time, explain how I came up with this concept. We were also able to maximize the limited resources we had. This activity made me feel like a real artist!

No comments: